Elisabeth S. Maurer
Elisabeth Seieroe Maurer founded Maurer & Associates, PC in 1994, following a successful career as a lawyer and business executive in major law firms and Fortune 100 corporations. In addition to managing Maurer & Associates, PC, she concentrates her practice in securities litigation and arbitration, corporate governance and employment issues. She has broad experience representing state, municipal and private employees as well as state and local bargaining units.
Attorney Maurer has represented residential and commercial architects, engineers, contractors, and tradesmen in disputes ranging from a small garage renovation to a skycraper where a faulty design caused condensation to produce a nightly rain shower in the atrium.
Attorney Maurer is licensed in Connecticut, New York and Illinois and is admitted to practice before the Second and Tenth Circuits, the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, the Northern District of Illinois and the District of Connecticut. She also has experience as a registered lobbyist in the State of New York representing teachers and pregnant employees on a number of pension issues.
Attorney Maurer received her JD from DePaul University College of Law and clerked for the Honorable John Hourihane, Illinois State Appellate Court; and Caroline Schoenberger, Commissioner of Consumer Affairs for the City of Chicago. She has a BS in Finance and Marketing from the University of Illinois.
Attorney Maurer is a member of the Connecticut Law Tribune's Advisory Board, and Editorial Board for the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.
- University of Illinois, 1975, BS
- LAW SCHOOL:
- DePaul University College of Law, 1988, JD
- Honorable John Hourihane, Illinois State Appellate Court
- Caroline Schoenberger, Commisioner of Consumer Affairs for the City of Chicago
- Connecticut, 1990
- New York, 1991
- Illionois, 1988
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals, 1993
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals 1990
- District of Connecticut, 1993
- East District of New York, 1992
- Southern District of New York, 1992
- Northern District of Illinois (trial bar), 1989
- Equal Employment Opportunities Commision
- Connecticut Commision on Human Rights and Opportunities
- Department of Labor Unemployment Compensation Division
- National Labor Relations Board
- Connecticut State Board of Mediation and Arbitration
- Connecticut State Board of Labor Relations
- New York State Bar Association
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- - Editorial Board
- Connecticut Law Tribune Advisory Board